Sunday, June 16, 2013

Sweet Treats! Healthy Chocolate Chip Blondes



Looking for a sweet snack that won’t wreck your diet? Well I have a just the treat for you! And as an extra bonus, it’s a great way to get an added boost of healthy beans into your diet. I have been testing out some recipes for sweets that use beans, when I stumbled upon this recipe for Chocolate Chip Blondes made with chickpeas. They are super easy and super delicious – they will definitely satisfy that chocolate craving! 
Ingredients:
1 ½ Cups or 1 Can (drained and rinsed) chickpeas (can use whites beans if you prefer)
¾ tsp baking powder
1/8 tsp baking soda
¼ tsp salt
¾ Cups brown sugar (can use or other sugar substitute – I have used Splenda brown sugar blend (¼ Cup) which worked fine)
2 tsp vanilla extract
¼ Cup rolled oats
¼ Cup peanut butter or any nut butter
½ Cup chocolate chips
*I add in a TBSP of chia seeds for an added boost of antioxidants and omega-3. Add for those of you who like me have a dairy allergy, I use the non-dairy, non-soy Enjoy Life mini chocolate chips – YUM!


Directions:
1. Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Blend all (except the chips) until smooth
3. Mix chips into the batter
4. Pour into a greased 8x8 pan
5. Bake for 25-30 minutes.




ENJOY!!

No comments:

Post a Comment