Sunday, April 28, 2013

Lentil "Meatballs"

 

I have not made these yummy meatballs in a really long time and I almost forgot how delicious they are!!  Super healthy and great not just as a meatless alternative for spaghetti, but I love them in salad. They are very easy to make, but the actual making of the balls does take a bit of time. Luckily this recipe makes 2 1/2 to 3 dozen "meatballs" and they freeze really well.

I can't remember where I got this recipe from, so full disclosure...I did not create these, but I totally love them so had to share the recipe:

Ingredients:
  • 3 cups dry green lentils
  • 5 cloves garlic
  • 1 medium yellow onion
  • 2 eggs
  • 1/2 cup breadcrumbs
  • 4T soy sauce
  • 6oz tomato paste
  • 1T fennel seeds
  • 1/2T red pepper flakes
  • 1/2T oregano
  • 1/2T thyme
  • pepper to taste

Directions:
  1. Cook lentils according to directions on the bag. Drain and mash with a potato masher. Allow to cool slightly.
  2. Mince onion and garlic, beat eggs and preheat oven to 400 degrees
  3. Combine all ingredients in a large bowl and mix well
  4. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and scoop a spoonful into your hands and roll into 1" balls. Place on parchment paper and bake for 15-20 minutes until golden brown.

ENJOY!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment