Tuesday, January 1, 2013

New Year's "Non-Resolution"

 Empire State Building - New Year's Eve 2012
I never make New Year's resolutions...most are ridiculously unrealistic and rarely are they kept. Every January 2nd there are all these new faces in the gym and by the time Valentine's Day rolls around, they are all but gone and us regulars happily no longer have to fight for a bike in spinning class. But I do feel the new year is like the beginning of a new chapter in your life, so a great time to reassess and set an intention for the year to come. I recently read a quote that truly spoke to me:

"Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain."

2012 was not my best year and I feel like I spent most of the year hoping it would get better. My intention for 2013 is dance even if it continues to rain, although I truly am confident that the sun will poke it's head out from time to time. I believe we own our destiny and if we put positive vibes out there, we will get good things in return. So I am ready for a fantastic year ahead - give me the best you got 2013!!

No comments:

Post a Comment